The minor in Journalism provides an introduction to journalism areas such as writing, editing, feature writing, layout and design and related communication and media issues.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 Cumulative GPA.
- To apply: Submit the Journalism Minor Application.
- Download the Worksheet: Journalism Minor Worksheet
COMMUNICATION STUDIES MINOR
The Communication Studies program offers training in the practice and theory of communication across a variety of contexts. The coursework for the minor consists of 18 hours of coursework (6 hours of required courses and 12 hours of electives.) Students must earn a 2.0 GPA in all courses applied to the minor.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- There are a limited number of spots available for the Communication Studies minor, and they are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is one declaration day per Fall and Spring semester.
- To apply: Submit the Communication Studies Minor Application on the declaration date. The application will become live at 8:30 am and close at 5:00 pm.
- Download the Worksheet: Communication Studies Minor Worksheet
Spring 2021 Declaration Date: March 15th, 2021 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM