What is Lambda Pi Eta?
Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honorary of the National Communication Association [NCA]. Lambda Pi Eta was founded in 1985 at the University of Arkansas. As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies [ACHS], Lambda Pi Eta has over 250 active Chapters at colleges and universities across the United States.
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among
- communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between
- faculty and students
- Explore options for further graduate studies
Requirements For Students:
- Communication Studies Major
- Have completed at least 60 semester hours in college
- Have completed at least 12 semester hours of communication study
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Have a communication studies GPA of at least 3.25
- Be in the upper 35% of their graduating class
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing
- Display commitment to the field of communication
- $50.00 one-time fee for each new student
- $10.00 to purchase honor cord for graduation
- Once inducted, student is a member for life!
For additional information please contact:
Tim Horne at email@example.com