- The minor in journalism provides and introduction to journalism areas such as writing, editing, feature writing, layout and design and related communication and media issues.
- Eligibillty: Students must have a 2.0 Cumulative GPA. To request the add of the Journalism Minor, students must use the Online Journalism Change of Minor Application.
- Click Here To Download The Journalism Minor Worksheet
Minor in Communication Studies
- The Communication Studies program offers training in the practice and theory of communication across a variety of contexts. The coursework for the minor consists of 18 hours of coursework (6 hours of required courses and 12 hours of electives.) Students must attain a composite 2.0 GPA in all courses applied to the minor.
Applying for the Minor:
- There are a limited number of seats available for the Communication studies minor. The declaration process for the Communication Studies minor is on a first come first serve basis.
- Minor declaration will take place once a semester.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and must bring a copy of their unofficial transcript with them.
- Worksheet: Click Here To Download the Communication Studies Minor Worksheet
Communication Studies Minor Declaration: ONLINE APPLICATION
(please note: the link to the online application will only be accessible during Minor Declaration Day, Oct. 11, 2017, starting at 8:30 a.m.)