Declare Pre-Communication Studies as a Major
**Eligibility to declare Pre Communications. Students must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA in order to request the online orientation and declare Pre Communication Studies as a major.
Each student changing or considering changing his or her major to Pre-Communication (PCOM) status is required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the email, students must include the following:
(include your name, student ID number, and the following statement,
“I would like to request to add Pre Communication Studies as a major).
- After sending this email, students will be able to declare PCOM status.
- Once successfully enrolled in the Pre-Comm major, students will be assigned an advisor in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Fretwell 235, based off of their last name.
- Pre Communication students cannot declare the Upper Division of Communication Studies as a major until all introductory requirements have posted to their academic transcript.
Declare Communication Studies as Major
- Eligibility: Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a;; introductory requirements of Pre Communication prerequisites must be posted on the transcript; then students are eligible to use the Online Communication Studies Change of Major Application to drop Pre Communication and add Communication Studies as a major. After application submission, students will be assigned a new advisor in the Communication Studies Department and they may register for core and required track courses for the following academic terms.
- **Reminder: If students have not met and verified that all Pre Communication introductory requirements have successfully posted to their unofficial transcript in Banner, then students are not eligible to change your major and requests to change will be denied.
Declare Journalism Minor
- Journalism: Applications for the journalism minor are accepted throughout the year. Eligibility: students must have a 2.0 Cumulative GPA. To request the add of the Journalism Minor, students must use the Online Journalism Change of Minor Application.
Declare Communication Studies Minor
- There are a limited number of seats available for the Communication studies minor. The declaration process for the Communication Studies minor is on a first come first serve basis. Minor declaration will take place once a semester.
- Eligibility: Students must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Exemption from needing a 2.0 GPA is if the student does not have a cumulative GPA; as it is the student's first semester at UNC Charlotte and a cumulative GPA has not been established.
Communication Studies Minor Declaration: ONLINE APPLICATION
(please note: the link to the online application will be visible on this page and only accessible during the declaration date listed below)
FALL 2017 Semester:
** Oct. 11, 2017 at 8:30 a.m.